Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Title

Glock Polymer 80

Does anyone here have any experience using these kits? I’m very interested in trying one out in the future and possibly doing a few if it turns out well
    An armed society is a polite society

Title
    Premium Member
    I just did one myself. Very easy if you follow the instructions and watch a how to video or two on YouTube. I just used a drill press and drill press vice for the end milling and a hand drill for the pins. Some 200 grit sandpaper to finish up. I'm still waiting for my custom slide to be built but I test fit with a friend's OEM slide and it's good to go. I would definitely advise sanding and polishing the slide rails. Made the slide move like it was on ice.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Warren View Post
    I just did one myself. Very easy if you follow the instructions and watch a how to video or two on YouTube. I just used a drill press and drill press vice for the end milling and a hand drill for the pins. Some 200 grit sandpaper to finish up. I'm still waiting for my custom slide to be built but I test fit with a friend's OEM slide and it's good to go. I would definitely advise sanding and polishing the slide rails. Made the slide move like it was on ice.

Sweet! Found a great deal on them right now so I’ll pick one up for sure! Did you get OEM parts for the rest for source some enhanced/ upgraded parts?

Title
    Premium Member
    I just ordered OEM parts for both the frame and the slide. I am using a SilencerCo threaded barrel, but all other internal parts are OEM. I'm sure I'll do some upgrades later on but to start I wanted to use OEM stuff as a control factor in testing. I'm getting a custom built slide and putting it on a custom frame so there could be differences in theory. This is also my first Glock so I'm not familiar enough with the platform to assume what recoil spring may be best. If I use the factory stuff I figure I'd have a good starting point for any needed upgrades. I grabbed my OEM parts off eBay. They were cheaper there than almost anywhere I searched.
    Looking forward to end of December/early January when the slide arrives. All the other pieces are ready for it.

DV8 Raptor One slide in Burnt Bronze cerecote with rmr cut for Burris Fastfire III
    Trijicon suppressor height night sights
    Burris Fastfire III w/ 8moa dot
    Polymer80 OD green textured frame
    Zev magwell pro
    ETS magazines
    As expensive as this custom all American made Glock 19 is it better be awesome, I got a bit carried away with Black Friday hahaha

Title
    Nice!! I didn’t think about going OEM for that reason but I figured that maybe the upgrade kits had better QC. It’s my first glock too and I’ve never had to put a pistol together soo.. it’ll be fun!

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    Nice!! I didn’t think about going OEM for that reason but I figured that maybe the upgrade kits had better QC. It’s my first glock too and I’ve never had to put a pistol together soo.. it’ll be fun!
    Gen 3 Glocks are insanely simplistic. It's very easy and straight forward. There's only one spring to have to wonder about

Title
    I’m looking into the Alpha shooting sports slide and slide kit. Faxon barrel (still deciding on threaded or not)
    OC full size lower parts kit.
    I ordered the 80% lower this morning and that came out to 59.99 shipped with my gift certificate they gave me for whatever reason

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Holland View Post
    I’m looking into the Alpha shooting sports slide and slide kit. Faxon barrel (still deciding on threaded or not)
    OC full size lower parts kit.
    I ordered the 80% lower this morning and that came out to 59.99 shipped with my gift certificate they gave me for whatever reason
    Nice! Hope the work goes smoothly sir. If you have any questions I'd be happy to try and help to my extent

Title
    Thanks! I looked up your slide and DAMN that’s sexy!! I may need to get another kit just to try one of those out! Maybe the sub frame or the hybrid. Might eventually dabble in the 1911 kits lol

Title
    Premium Member
    Yeah I only wanted build a custom Glock because I'm the only guy in my group of buddies that doesn't Glock. Lol. So I figured I'd best go snazzy, all American made and stuck it to their Austrian OEM's. Jokes on me, their Glocks didn't cost $1400[emoji849]